Heart failure (HF) is one of the most common also complex conditions of the heart leading to hospitalization, a diagnosis which in turn is based on the condition, signs, investigations and sometimes leading to death. It does not mean that the heart has stopped working but has the requirement of support for functioning. Heart Failure is a complex situation and even life-threating state which is a life-long hazard and hence the proper health with the management of dietary habits, weight management, intervention in the early phase and patient management is to be followed to avoid hospitalization conditions. An estimation of 26 million people are being affected by this. Poor prognosis and high health care are challenging aspects of chronic heart failure.
The patients prior to the state of getting attacked by heart failure, experience symptoms like tiredness, gets exhausted easily while exercising, swollen ankles and legs, breathlessness or the state of gasping after an activity or rest, coughing, fast heart rate, and dizziness. This may develop faster (acute heart failure) or in course of time weeks or months (chronic heart failure).
Inculcating good healthy habits is one of the key secrets for the patients for avoiding risks. The measures for prevention must be self-motivated, like avoiding smoking, exercising daily, should be having food that is best for the heart and its condition, ample sleep, weight management, managing the stress factors and finally the regular screenings for better health.
Management of Heart Failure
The costs for the management of this are estimated to $108 billion per annum worldwide and with age concerns, an increase in the count of population the cost is estimated to rise. The cost is owed in hospitalization majorly, prevention of which is the focus in the approach of management. The important key role is about the management in a team approach, care, communication in advance and health care. This management of the multidisciplinary attempts in improvising health in both cost-effectiveness and quality of patient health care. Disease management ranges from self-care to ICU supervision. Globally healthcare system varies depending on the requirement, reduction in costs, exhaustion of resources, developing health care in all means.
Based on many seminal trials of heart failure management, which was conducted in 1990’s, many meta-analyses have given benefits of multidisciplinary approach in developing quality life, decreased mortality and decrease in hospitalizations. Multidisciplinary approach is suggested as part of the guidelines for the heart failure management.
Disease Management: This includes, various strategies like the telehealthcare, clinic-based, home-based and hybrid methods. The types of care include, policy suggestions, resources availability, preferences of modes and reimbursement types. The key aspect is advancing evidence-based therapies, quality, and support to the families. The major studies are performed in the academic health centers, site studies that provide evidence to find the benefited contribution through the programs.
Based on the data from the reviews and the clinical data guidelines obtained from the diversity and heterogenicity of heart failure management and its key concepts are
- Health care professionals and caregivers in different disciplines must work as a team to provide the required needs in all sectors
- Implement evidence-based program guidelines
- To find the roles and the expectations of the professionals and the caregivers
- To educate the people for the early symptoms and signs to eradicate chronic situations
- Families of the patients must be explained with the roles and precautionary steps at the symptom and its management
- Self-care must be given as support to stop the barriers like the depression and illiteracy about health
- Medication management systems must be made adaptive to patients to face the risk chances
- Health care services must be kept promoted with its services like the primary, acute and community with the care
- The program care must be monitored for the continuous improvement
- Adapting to a healthy life is the key concept to avoid heart problems.
With the continuous improvisation programs the effectives of the management on patients can be under safe. The disease management must focus on the unique systems and broaden its dimensions, target population in all means to have good outcome though with critical factors involve within.